Dear TAHA Members,
We have received the attached guidance from NYSAHA regarding tryouts and sign ups for the 2020-21 season. In summary:
- At this point in time there will be no tryouts for any NYS hockey teams.
- Starting June 1st any players interested in playing for TAHA at the 14u and older divisions in the 2020-21 season should indicate their interest using the TRY OUT LINK and pay the $40 fee.
- Starting June 11th any players interested in playing for TAHA at the 10u and 12u divisions in the 2020-21 season should indicate their interest using the TRY OUT LINK and pay the $40 fee.
- Players from other associations that previously signed up for tryouts (pre pandemic) will be contacted to assess willingness to be assigned to a TAHA team for the 2020-21 season.
- Players that registered prior to 5/28/20 should contact TAHA President at email@example.com if you would like to indicate a preferred player position.
- 8U registrations will occur later in the summer, in usual fashion.
- In the TRY OUT link, you will indicate what level of play and position you are interested in signing your player up for.
- Starting June 15th, TAHA will begin to review the sign-up list and separate them by age/team interest and share with the respective head coach.
- Coaches will select some or all interested players to develop rosters.
- Not all roster spots will necessarily be filled through this process.
- If you are not offered a roster spot on the team of your choice you will be contacted to assess your interest in another TAHA team.
- Developed rosters will be frozen on July 1st and sent to NYSAHA by July 15th as required.
- Once on a roster no cuts will be made, or releases granted
- Once on a roster no refunds will be granted unless due to financial hardship and then the player cannot move to another tournament bound or travel team.
- If roster spots remain open after this initial sign up process players may be added at a later date
- There may be an opportunity for a supplemental tryout session for any remaining non-rostered players once we reach phase 4 of NYS re-opening plan but timing and structure of that is still TBD.
- Any player that does not owe TAHA any monies from the previous season will be considered released per NYSAHA instruction effective May 30th WITHOUT a formal release completed. If you want to sign up to play for another association for the 2020-21 season, you do not need a release document from TAHA.
- We plan to host wrap/high school friendly teams and develop programming that as closely resembles a normal season as possible, but all of this will hinge on NYS re-opening phases and the timeline dictated. Please know there is the possibility of adjustments to programming along the way.